A night of self-care and community-building with Dallas, Texas mamas
On a rainy January evening in Dallas, Motherly and Pipette invited 25 mamas to Sixty Vines Uptown for a beautiful, intimate dinner party, where they could connect with fellow moms in the area and share their intentions for the new year. Resolution inspiration was sprinkled throughout the evening, with guided conversations by Pipette and Motherly to help spark those connections.
The evening began with fun interactive stations where attendees could get introduced to the purpose of the evening in a seamless way:
- myIntent Bracelets: Everyone chose an individual word of intention for the year and took home a custom-made bracelet with their word of intention inscribed on it. My personal favorite was the word “present”—signaling the intention of being present in every moment.
- Live Portraits by Melarie Odelusi: Local illustrator and artist Melarie Odelusi created on-the-spot portraits for moms to show how beautiful and strong they are.
- Resolutions Wall: Attendees selected New Year’s resolutions from a beautiful vine-covered wall, then wrote new resolutions for others to take.
- Pipette Table: We had a hands-on, interactive table of all our Pipette goodies for both mom and baby, plus education on key ingredients and uses for each product. Moms experimented with all the items and asked us questions about our clean and nontoxic formulas.
After exploring all the stations, everyone sat down for a delicious dinner of local, seasonal foods, and guest speaker Kim Kertsburg, a perinatal psychotherapist in the Dallas area, shared her self-care tips.
Kim Kertsburg’s 6 Self-Care Tips for Moms
- Make every day a clean start for you and your baby; set an intention for each new day, create little rituals, and remember to connect with your breath
- Go back to the basics of self-care (sleep, nutrition, exercise)
- Set reasonable and kind expectations for yourself and others
- Don’t compare! Nobody can do a better job at being you than you
- Make an intentional connection with yourself
- Set an intention of delight and awe in your everyday life (i.e., the delicious meal you have, the beautiful flowers in the room)
The night ended with all moms writing their resolutions for the year ahead in a journal. This whole evening was the perfect way to kickstart this new year, and a great reminder for me personally about why we do what we do here at Pipette. It was incredible to connect with the amazing mamas in the Dallas area, hear their stories, and join them on this path through motherhood.
We received so many love from the attendees, we just had to share!
“The sweetest dinner and get-together hosted by Pipette and Motherly about intentions and resolutions! 2020 is a clean start for all of us! Amazing time! Such sweet people!” –@laurynmc
“A beautiful night at @sixtyvinesuptown in Dallas hosted by @mother.ly and @pipettebaby. Met some incredible women! Thank you for teaching us more about intentions, resolve and self-care as mothers!” –@thesouthernishmama
“We focused on resolutions, goals, and growth together 💚 I think that companies that take a stance on global issues literally make me want to throw money at them. From climate change to postpartum support, @pipettebaby has won me over.
“You guys I just had the best night with Motherly and Pipette at Sixty Vines in Dallas. I have this humongous goodie bag to go through and I’m so ready to go home and see my baby and thankful to be a mama! Thank you Motherly and Pipette!” –@thehannahhughes
…and a big thank you to all our brand partners who contributed: